Thursday, February 11, 2010

Zzz? Blogging again? I Forgot...

I'm not sure how people can bring themselves to blog frequently. Seriously, it's a whole lot harder than it looks. Blogging may have been a good way to write about life last time, but times have really changed, and blogging has to move aside to make way for social networking like Facebook and Twitter. I remember reading an article on this somewhere, but sadly the memory of the exact location has fallen to the ravages of time. So I googled "blogging decreases in popularity" but found nothing until I went to the next page, where the first result was:

Blogging Decreases Among Teens, Young Adults | TopNews New Zealand

 I'm not from New Zealand and I doubt this link will actually be clicked so I'll just sum up...

In 2006, 28 percent of teens ages 12 to 17 and young adults ages 18 to 29 were bloggers, reported the survey results released Wednesday by the Pew Research Center.

Well, problem solved. Apparently the great Blogging has fallen to more convenient ways of communication like mobile phones and tweets. So now I question the point of blogging, and if the teachers give assignments, shouldn't they be on facebook and twitter? Not in my lifetime. As far as I know, blogging won't die without a fight, but hey, as long as I get extra credit for blogging, I don't mind one bit ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment